The Operations Coordinator will work cross-departmentally to assist our Expansion, Fundraising & Development, Programs, and Operations departments with strategic objectives centered around local and national organizational growth. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Black entrepreneurship, innovation, and community development.
Reports to: MORTAR Executive Leadership Team
1. To analyze, develop, implement and improve current organizational operating procedures. The Operations Coordinator is tasked with simplifying the complexities of a rising organization with many moving parts; creating a stress-free, well-oiled machine.
2. Work side by side with MORTAR Executive Leadership Team daily to provide top-level assistance on a range of tasks and projects. Support the Strategic Director in tracking and reporting on the progress of strategic objectives.
Executive Leadership Team Support
● Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MORTAR Executive Leadership Team including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
● Works closely and effectively with the MORTAR Executive Leadership Team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a representative of MORTAR at community events, meetings, and gatherings.
Additional Team Support
● Lead data entry into Salesforce across all departments
●Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
●Assist Expansion team in national lead development and establishment and retention of local relationships
● Responsible for project-related research to assist departments with implementing and completing strategic objectives
● Create and implement presentations to promote MORTAR programming and expansion efforts
● Assist Program Managers in the maintenance, scheduling, booking, promoting of BRICK Pop Up Shops retail spaces
● Assist Programs team with order fulfillment for BRICK Pop Up Shops online store
● Assist Program team with application processing, student onboarding, and CRM management
● Act as backup to Office Manager to welcome guests and customers by greeting them: in person, on the telephone, or via email; answer and/or direct inquiries to appropriate team members.
● Support Office Manager in maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, restocking, and organizing.
● Support Office Manager to ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
● Be on the pulse of the trends of entrepreneurship both locally and nationally
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Required Skills: Flexible, optimistic, constructive, with a good sense of humor; must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines
● High-level organizational skills and ability to multitask daily workload
● Administrative, written, and verbal communication skills
● Ability to take initiative, ownership, and exhibit proactivity
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability ● Emotional maturity
● Hard-working, highly resourceful team-player
● Adaptable, versatile forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
● Extremely detail-oriented and fluent typing skills
● Ability to independently set priorities and share with team members
● Ability to work well with diverse populations
● The utmost ability to exhibit decorum, discretion, and confidentiality
Credentials and Experience:
● Proficiency with Google Docs equivalents of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) ● Background in office management or administrative assistant is beneficial
● Additional qualification as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage
● Extra points for experience with Salesforce, Asana, and Slack
Salary & Benefits:
● Up to 40 hours weekly
● Salary based on experience
● [FT]: Parking, paid vacation after 45 days of employment, paid day off for your birthday
Founded in May of 2014, MORTAR Cincinnati exists to build communities through entrepreneurship. MORTAR accomplishes this goal by offering a 15-week business training course designed to teach entrepreneurs (often from low & moderate-income backgrounds) the nuances of starting or growing a business. Post-graduation, our alumni program offers an additional 18 months of ongoing support. MORTAR also runs and operates BRICK pop-up shops, created to provide entrepreneurs with the opportunity to pressure-test their ideas in real-time.MORTAR is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, and talents can flourish.