About Angion Biomedica Corp.
Angion Biomedica Corp. is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel small molecule therapeutics to address acute organ injuries and fibrotic diseases. Angion’s lead product candidate, ANG-3777, is a small molecule designed to mimic the biological activity of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) to activate the HGF/c-Met pathway, which has a central role in tissue repair and organ recovery. Enrollment is ongoing in a placebo-controlled Phase 3 registration trial examining the efficacy of ANG-3777 in reducing the severity of transplant-associated acute kidney injury, also known as delayed graft function, in patients at risk for kidney dysfunction. ANG-3777 is also in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of acute kidney injury associated with cardiac surgery involving cardiopulmonary bypass. Angion is also developing ANG-3070, an orally-bioavailable small molecule, as a potential treatment for a variety of chronic fibrotic diseases sharing similar underlying disease-driving pathways identified and targeted using a precision-medicine approach. For further information, please visit www.angion.com.
- Manage technical accounting research and ensure that proper accounting treatment is applied accurately applied for all transactions, including unusual and non-recurring transactions
- Keep abreast of new accounting pronouncements and evaluate how they affect company. Provide updates to management on new and proposed accounting guidance, and the potential impact on the company
- Communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to a wide audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Manage all items pertaining to the external SEC financial reporting process, including drafting of all financial statements, footnotes and MD&A, earnings releases, other regulatory filings, 10-K/Q tie out, and completing GAAP checklists
- Manage SEC reporting timeline, coordinate key timelines as well as deliverables and inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for BOD package, press release, and 10-Q/K
- Coach and mentor other members of the finance organization on documentation, recent accounting pronouncements, and internal controls
- Communicate financial results and updates to key stakeholders and executives within the organization.
- Review accounting for stock-based compensation in accordance with ASC 718, including valuation, flux analysis, memo documentation, and provide review comments to preparers as necessary
- Prepare supporting schedules, documentation, and other information to support the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Ensure effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process and implement process improvements where applicable
- Manage Financial Reporting walkthroughs, evaluate and update current processes and policies as a part of ongoing internal controls review. Identify areas for process improvement and present solutions to finance and accounting teams
- Assist in the month-end consolidation process
- Prepare monthly consolidated results package for senior management
- Prepare and consolidate monthly cash flow statement
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Strong understanding and proficiency of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Experience interpreting technical accounting guidance.
- Proficiency with MS excel.
- 9+ years of experience, with minimum 5 years of Big4 public accounting experience with public clients. Experience at the Manager level is required.
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment.
- CPA required.
- Accounting Knowledge: US GAAP and SEC regulations ; recommends improvement in practices or procedures.
- Ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of initiative, exceptional organizational, communication, and problem -solving skills and commitment to a high level of accuracy.
At Angion we believe a diverse workforce drives our
success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where
different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
Angion is an equal opportunity employer. Angion makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Angion acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Angion’s Human Resources Team and comply with Angion’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Angion. Angion’s Human Resource Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Angion will become property of Angion and Angion will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.