Role and responsibilities
The Origination Analyst/Associate supports the goals of Primergy's Origination team by conducting research, analyzing data, and providing commercial support for RFPs, bilateral arrangements, and other origination activities. This role will play a key role in expanding the company's portfolio of solar and energy storage assets. The person in this position will be familiar with and help support all commercial aspects of executing products such as traditional PPAs, VPPAs, and build transfer agreements. Based on the candidates experience, Associate or Analyst level role will be considered.
The ideal candidate will stay up-to-speed with and assist with all commercial aspects of product execution, including traditional PPAs, VPPAs, and build transfer agreements. This role reports to the Director of Origination and involves close collaboration with team members across Primergy, especially the commercial and development teams. The position offers a fantastic chance to learn about renewable origination across different energy markets in North America, as well as expand your knowledge of the power market and gain hands-on experience with large-scale infrastructure deals.
· Assist in the sourcing, negotiation, and execution of long-term power sale agreements with customers to facilitate the development of renewable projects and help to meet customers' needs for their sustainability and carbon-free goals.
· Lead customer account management efforts, maintaining accountability for regular communication with customers.
· Coordinating with internal teams such as Commercial, Development, Finance, Engineering, and other departments and responsibility for tracking deliverables for origination activities.
· Customer and market research – assist the team in understanding potential customers and specific regional energy needs.
· Prepare internal and external presentations for project stakeholders, including deal approvals and RFP summaries.
· Prepare proposals and presentation materials for customers stemming from both RFP processes and bilateral negotiations.
· Gather market intelligence and stay well-informed of renewable energy opportunities and trends impacting the future of renewable development and their competitiveness as they relate to customers.
· Gaining familiarity with legal document reviews and processes.
· Support the development of uniform and consistent deal processes across the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
*Depending on level of experience, candidate may be considered for Analyst or Associate level
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2-3 years of full-time professional experience outside of internships, preferably in the Renewable energy space.
· Minimum 1 year experience with document creation, including contracts or agreements and presentations (e.g. PowerPoint).
· Experience with Salesforce a plus.
· Honesty and integrity
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
· Knowledge of US energy markets with familiarity with renewable energy technology preferred
· Strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are a must
· Professional and engaging disposition with counterparties/customers
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 products
· Successful in navigating ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
· Resourceful and accomplished research skills ‐ ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
· Ability to succinctly communicate complex issues.
· Rigorous attention to detail with a commercial mindset and strong prioritization skills
· Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRMs desirable.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.