Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and Responsibilities
The incumbent will lead transmission and interconnection activities from a market and commercial perspective. The primary responsibilities will include oversight of the transmission and interconnection process for the project portfolio, evaluation of transmission opportunities, rights, constraints, pricing and congestion as it relates to Primergy’s projects and the broader renewable market.
· Perform Generator injection studies in various ISOs and TOs to determine viable locations to interconnect.
· Perform powerflow analysis for different scenarios in transmission system (ie. Generator retirements, Transmission upgrades).
· Investigate powerflow analysis results, stability results from ISOs. Review the powerflow model for accuracy.
· Lead projects throughout the interconnection process for various ISOs and TOs, and support greenfield efforts.
· Provide support for interconnection applications and ongoing interconnection study processes including negotiating interconnection agreements.
· Provide strategic and technical input to Development, Commercial, Finance, Operations and EPC teams as projects are evaluated for purchase, development and ongoing investment.
· Evaluate transmission and interconnection tariffs, costs, timelines, and processes for a variety of markets to provide strategic guidance.
· Participate in regional and national organizations and policy initiates related to expanding grid access and modifying regulations for solar and solar+storage projects.
· Collaborate with developers to launch projects by assessing the transmission for sites.
· Determine the optimum plan/strategy for project interconnection using analytical tools and methods.
· Support EPC, operations, and O & M in project commissioning and grid integration.Work with leadership and internal/external stakeholders to grow the company's portfolio through the identification of new transmission and interconnection opportunities.
· Work closely with utilities to identify and resolve integration-related issues; provide technical and strategic solutions to utilities and internal teams to ensure project interconnection.
· Monitor tariff and policy changes in various regions and provide a detailed and complete. Understanding of the interconnection process to the broader organization for all active markets.
· Develop a thorough understanding and evaluation of potential interconnection options for various projects, and the related costs, benefits, and challenges for each option.
· Approximately 10%-15% travel required.
Education and Experience requirements
· PowerWorld, TARA, GE PSLF, PSSE, ABB Velocity Suite, and/or Powerflow for purposes of utility grid analysis (congestion, pricing, delivery)
· Proficiency with SPS/RAS Studies, NERC TPL Studies, Post Transient Voltage (P-V, Q-V analysis) Subsynchronous Resonance/Control Interaction Screen Studies
· Preliminary Transmission Cost Estimates
Honesty and integrity.
· Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for renewable experience in U.S. competitive wholesale electricity markets.
· Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
· Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.