Role and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the development of solar, solar + storage and energy storage projects through project management, contract negotiation, and transaction support across a pipeline of projects targeting wholesale power markets in the US and Canada. The successful candidate will have experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Independent development of grid-interconnected solar power generation within the United States and Canadian markets.
· Managing all aspects of solar and solar+energy storage project development following initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction.
· Supporting and conducting due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics.
· Communicating and syncing cross-functionally, including with M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
· Identification and implementation of creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value.
· Managing and administering development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
· Working with the valuation and finance departments during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation, and during the project debt and tax equity financing processes.
· Managing project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
· Traveling to site locations to meet with landowners, stakeholders and to evaluate sites.
· Negotiating tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements.
· Engaging community, local, state and federal institutions for project support.
· Managing contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline, value optimization, and budget.
· Securing permits and ensure and environmental compliance throughout the development, construction, and operation of projects.
· Coordinating and providing input to project interconnection requests, load-flow and congestion studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission.
· Providing market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
· Approximately 30% travel required
Education and Experience requirements
· Requires an undergraduate degree.
· 2 to 4+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for renewable experience in U.S. competitive wholesale electricity markets
· Honesty and integrity.
· Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
· Resourceful and accomplished research skills - ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
· Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
· Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills.
· Commercial mindset, strong prioritization and communication skills are required.
· The ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Success operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.