ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The GIS Analyst will be responsible for providing GIS, mapping, siting and analytics support for solar and energy storage development, execution, market strategy and transaction activities. The GIS Analyst will report to the Senior Director of Development- Greenfield and will be a member of the Development team. The position requires the ability to manage complex and time sensitive projects in a dynamic environment.
· Support the full life cycle of project development and execution, including the following activities and functions: market analysis, project siting, permitting, interconnection, engineering/design, acquisition, and sales transactions, and more.
· Create and maintain company’s spatial database and GIS standards.
· Oversee and assist with the integration of disparate data sources such as shapefiles, DWGs, Google Earth files, parcel data, excel spreadsheets, and other 3rd party data files into the company’s GIS database and create an efficient file structure.
· Automate mapping processes and workflows.
· Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and create high-quality geospatial analysis products, maps, and web-based GIS applications.
· Manage contracts with data providers.
· Implement creative ideas and trainings to make company more competitive and improve siting capabilities.
· Proven experience with project management tasks.
· Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
· 5% - Other duties as assigned.
· Travel requirement: minimal, as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires a Bachelor degree in Geography, Geodetic Engineering/Science, GIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum two years’ work experience in a GIS-related role, utilizing ESRI’s ArcGIS platforms, GoogleEarth and other geospatial data gools.
· Understanding of relevant US federal, state and local datasets.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
· Preference for experience with and understanding of renewable energy development (solar and energy storage).
· Honesty and integrity.
· Resourceful and accomplished research skills ‐ ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
· Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
· Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills
· Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for renewable experience in U.S. competitive wholesale electricity markets.
· Interest and willingness to assist with non-GIS related activities.
· Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
· Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.