Primergy Solar is focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and standalone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy. Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Developer will be responsible for the development of solar, solar + storage and energy storage projects through project management, contract negotiation, and transaction support across a pipeline of projects targeting wholesale power markets in the US and Canada. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
- Development of utility-scale solar power generation facilities within the United States and Canadian markets.
- Manage all aspects of solar and solar+energy storage project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction.
- Support and conduct due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics.
- Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including off-take M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
- Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value.
- Manage and administer development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
- Work with finance department during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation, and during the project debt and tax equity financing processes.
- Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
- Travel to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites.
- Negotiate tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements.
- Engage community, local, state and federal institutions for project support.
- Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline, value optimization, and budget.
- Secure permits and ensure and environmental compliance throughout the development, construction, and operation of projects.
- Coordinate and provide input to project interconnection requests, load-flow and congestion studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
- Approximately 30% travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires an undergraduate degree.
- 3+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
- Experience with and understanding of project development.
- Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- Experience developing renewable energy projects is required.
- Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones.
- Understanding of the relationships within a project schedule to prioritize teams’ resource allocation.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of utility-scale renewable power generation development.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.