Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and Responsibilities
The M&A Analyst/Senior Analyst will play an integral role in Primergy’s significant growth by supporting the M&A teams’ strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, previous modeling experience, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
Responsibilities will eventually include:
- Maintaining financial models to support acquisitions and deal approvals.
- Maintaining responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models.
- Gathering and preparing model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams or third-party developers.
- Identifying main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Proposing and implementing relevant sensitivity analysis.
- Supporting contract negotiations and project acquisitions by providing quantitative and qualitative research and support.
- Developing, analyzing, and recommending commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
- Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project commercialization approaches that reduce merchant exposure, optimize return or drive additional project value.
- Collect competitive information, preform benchmarking analysis
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience requirements
- Requires an undergraduate degree
- Excel experience, ideally building financial models.
- Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally with fellow colleagues and third party consultants.
- Renewable energy experience is preferred, but expect significant on the job training
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Interest and knowledge of utility-scale renewable power generation development.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operate in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.