Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Director of Distributed Solar will be responsible for management of Primergy’s distributed solar business development, including sourcing and structuring acquisitions/development partnerships, oversight of third party developer project development, origination, support for project financing, and support for procurement and construction. This person will be expected to oversee the development, via partners, of a portfolio of small scale/distributed solar (and/or storage) projects (ground mount, grid interconnected) and successfully execute transactions to support a build of approximately 50MWac per year. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, the ability to work independently , and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Sourcing, directing and conducting due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics.
· Structuring of distributed solar acquisition partnerships with third party developers.
· Managing partners on all aspects of distributed solar and solar+energy storage project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction.
· Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including off-take M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
- Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value.
- Manage and administer development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
- Conduct financial analysis and evaluation.
- Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
- Travel to site locations to meet with stakeholders and evaluate sites.
- Secure offtake agreements for projects in conjunction with partners.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
- Approximately 30% travel expected
Education and Experience requirements
· Requires an undergraduate degree at minimum.
· 5+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Extensive experience with and understanding of project development.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent counter-party focused, commercial management, negotiation, and influencing skills, is preferred.
· Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
· Knowledge of the power and distributed renewable energy market.
- Track record developing renewable energy projects through financing and COD is required.
- Ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy is preferred.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations, and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written and verbal format to project teams and to senior management.
- Control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of distributed-scale renewable power generation development and marketing.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers within our business.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.