Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
The Senior Manager – EPC Services is responsible for owner’s representation and EPC Management that includes scoping, RFP processes, contract negotiations, procurement, construction and project closeout to ensure the successful planning and execution for distributed generation and large-scale utility renewable energy projects managed by Primergy. This role requires collaboration with Primergy’s SME’s in M&A, Development, Financing, Engineering, Legal, Pre-Construction, Construction and Asset Management.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Deal Management:
a. EPC Management from procurement through execution, which includes: managing EPC scope definition in coordination with engineering and pre-construction, RFP processes for EPCs and subcontractors as required, contractual negotiations with EPC providers/subcontractors/specialty contractors to ensure the successful planning and execution of the EPC Services.
b. The SR Manager - EPC Services will self-perform tasks, as well as engage consultants for overseeing owner representative roles, including project management, site supervision, commissioning and project close-out for purposes of projects achieving commercial operations.
c. Support and represent, from an owner’s perspective, the EPC procurement services that focus on the complete project execution lifecycle including detailed, project specific bid processes to establish budgets across the Primergy organization, supporting Development, Merger and Acquisitions, corporate and project financing as applicable.
d. Establish and maintain EPC relationships to include a range of EPC service providers, and subcontractors, to execute both utility scale and distributed generation projects.
e. The recommendations will be clear in scope, schedule and price as to which technologies and services will be selected.
f. Define and own the selection process for all EPC services, including sub-services, commodities, electrical equipment, civil, and structural work scopes. The process will be based on a strict adherence to scope of work and itemized pricing; that will be managed by the Senior Manager - EPC Services and supporting consultants, as needed.
g. Provide support in competitive RFP processes for owner procured project materials and equipment, in conjunction with Primergy’s engineering team to solicit vendors; support will require successful collaboration with internal engineering resources,3rd party consulting engineers, and product manufacturer.
h. Keep up on current methodologies and construction practices in the EPC services industry, including electrical, structural, and civil disciplines along with equipment such as heavy equipment, drones and software.
i. Negotiate terms & pricing with support from internal and external legal representation for EPC services, and subcontractor services when required.
j. Provide owner’s representation on, and assist the Primergy organization in, managing the overall procurement process relative to the scopes of the selected EPC provider. The management function will include working with internal/external legal, development, engineering and construction on scope, EPC design, procurement and construction schedule(s), specifications, testing, and warranty.
k. Owner representative responsible for managing and owning the EPC schedule, scope and budget reporting through the Senior Director of Project Delivery.
l. Solicit external feedback from industry partners and provide internal feedback on execution of a project lifecycle to assist Primergy in establishing and enhancing internal standards and policies.
m. Successfully execute on Primergy’s corporate goals and policies on all projects.
2. EPC Services management: Maintain supplier relationships; conduct regular assessments of EPC providers resulting in reports on safety, efficiency, budget adherence, and quality (workmanship). Analyze the EPC Service financial, technical and commercial strength, along with competitive advantages in the market; Perform job site audits to support the supplier qualification process.
3. Technology & Services Selection: In coordination with engineering, provide decisions analysis to evaluate the best procurement plan for upcoming deals with an LCOE/LCOS basis of decision. Product and services procurement include:
a. Estimating Services
b. Construction/EPC Services
c. Operations Services
d. Operations Software
The following items will be purely in support of the Engineering team, yet with equal responsibility for the proper selection:
Items e-h will be led by Engineering and supported by EPC Services for feedback on costs and constructability, along with market acceptance, and will play a critical role in the selection of material and equipment.
4. Outside Projects: Work collaboratively with other Primergy internal departments, as required and as assigned, on optimizing and streamlining efficiencies relative to a project lifecycle and execution. This includes standardization around software tools for establishing protocols and procedures to oversee and track project lifecycle (i.e., From selection process through construction and operations)
- Honesty and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Resourceful and accomplished research skills - ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
- Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills.
- Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US competitive wholesale electricity markets.
- Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, pricing, polices, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of distributed and utility-scale renewable power generation development, origination, engineering, project finance, construction and operations.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a key role in negotiating and executing complex distributed generation and large-scale utility EPC contracts.
- Possess general knowledge of commercial contract structure and language associated with distributed generation and large-scale utility renewable energy projects.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.