Role and Responsibilities
The Commercial Strategy Analyst will play an integral role in Primergy’s significant growth by supporting the Development team’s strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, previous modeling experience, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Maintain financial models to support both acquisitions and energy offtake proposals.
· Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models.
· Gather and prepare model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams or third-party developers.
· Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
· Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis.
· Support contract negotiations and project acquisitions by providing quantitative and qualitative research and support.
· Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including with the Development, M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, Construction team members as well as third party consultants.
Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project commercialization approaches that reduce merchant exposure, optimize return or drive additional project value.
Collect competitive information, preform benchmarking analysis
Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience requirements
· Requires an undergraduate degree.
· 2+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Experience with and understanding of project development.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Experience building financial models (specifically power generation and tax equity)