Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America. Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Director, Development will be responsible for the development of solar, solar + storage and energy storage projects through project management, contract negotiation, and transaction support across a pipeline of projects targeting wholesale power markets in the US and Canada. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward. RESPONSIBILIIES INCLUDE · Development of utility-scale solar power generation facilities within the United States and Canadian markets. · Manage all aspects of solar and solar+energy storage project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction.
· Direct and conduct due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics.
· Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including off-take M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
· Identify, propose, and implement creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value.
· Manage and administer development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
· Build out a team to support regional goals, including recruiting, mentorship, and leadership of direct report(s).
· Work with finance department during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation, and during the project debt and tax equity financing processes.
· Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
· Travel to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites.
· Negotiate tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements.
· Engage community, local, state, and federal institutions for project support.
· Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline, value optimization, and budget.
· Secure permits and ensure environmental compliance throughout the development, construction, and operation of projects.
· Coordinate and provide input to project interconnection requests, load-flow and congestion studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission.
· Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
· Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
· 5% - Other duties as assigned
· Approximately 30% travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires an undergraduate degree at minimum.
· 5+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Extensive experience with and understanding of project development.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent counter-party focused, commercial management, negotiation, and influencing skills, is preferred.SKILLSET · Unparalleled honesty and integrity. · Knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. · Impressive track record developing renewable energy projects through COD is required. · Ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy. · Skills and knowledge with a combination of renewable energy technologies are required. Concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations, and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written and verbal format to project teams and to senior management. · Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones. · Strong understanding of the relationships within a project schedule to prioritize teams’ resource allocation. · Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required. · Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation development and marketing. · Solid understanding of economic drivers within our business. · Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment. · Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus. · Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.