Job Title: Senior Director of Development
Position Type: Full Time
HR Contact: Sara Deslierres
Location: Oakland, CA – HQ
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL: email@example.com
MAIL: HR Primergy Solar, LLC
555 12th St, Suite 110
Oakland CA 94607
Company & Job Description
Primergy Solar - an investment platform focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for the development of solar, solar + storage and energy storage projects through project management, economic analysis, contract negotiation, and transaction support across a pipeline of projects targeting wholesale power markets in the US and Canada. The successful candidate will have at least 7-10 years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, strong financial analysis skills, and ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
• Development of utility-scale solar power generation facilities within the United States and Canada markets.
• Manage all aspects of solar and solar+energy storage project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction
• Direct and conduct due diligence on the development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics
• Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including off-take M&A, Origination, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
• Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value
• Manage and administer development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
• Work with finance department during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation, and during the project debt and tax equity financing processes.
• Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
• Travel to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites.
• Negotiate tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements.
• Engage community, local, and state institutions for project support.
• Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline, value optimization, and budget.
• Assist with permitting and environmental compliance throughout the development, construction, and operation of projects.
• Coordinate and provide input to project interconnection requests, load-flow and congestion studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission.
• Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
• Lead, inspire, empower, highly energetic and results-driven teammates.
• 5% - Other duties as assigned
• Approximately 30% travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
• 7 to 10+ years of relevant senior level renewable energy development experience.
• Extensive experience and understanding of project development related due diligence.
• Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
• Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent counter-party focused, commercial
management, negotiation, and influencing skills are required.
• Working from a base other than Oakland, CA, is a possibility for the right candidate.
• Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
• Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US
competitive wholesale electricity markets as well as vertically integrated markets.
• Impressive track record developing renewable energy projects through COD is required.
• Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
• Skills and knowledge with a combination of renewable energy technologies are required. Concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations, and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written and verbal format to project teams and to senior management.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.