Job Title: Director, Energy Storage Commercial Structuring
Position Type: Full Time
Department/Group: Business Development
HR Contact: Sara Deslierres
Location: Flexible / Oakland, CA – HQ
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL: email@example.com
MAIL: HR Primergy Solar, LLC
555 12th St, Suite 110
Oakland CA 94607
Company & Job Description
Primergy Solar - an investment platform focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting the Senior Vice President for Development and Origination, the Director of Energy Storage Commercial Structuring will lead efforts to develop, implement and invest in energy storage for our portfolio of solar and solar + storage assets. The Director will play an instrumental role in growing the Primergy investment platform by developing creative approaches to deploying storage within our investment guidelines in various markets in North America. In addition, the Director will lead efforts to evaluate market opportunities that arise in North America to determine viability of storage in specific markets and work with our multi-disciplinary team to manage risk associated with energy storage.
Understanding market rules, providing strategic direction and analyzing competitive issues are key to this position. Experience in structuring and leading negotiations on energy storage and solar + energy storage off-take agreements is critical. Evaluating fundamental issues and in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the Company’s goals will also be required. The job holder will be expected to know and understand the challenges of project financing energy storage and solar + storage projects.
• Lead structuring and development of strategies for deploying energy storage projects across Primergy’s growing asset base;
• Provide strategic guidance for markets that Primergy should be actively considering deploying energy storage assets;
• Support asset acquisition due diligence efforts, including evaluating existing energy storage-related off-take arrangements as well as recommending potential value accretive structures;
• Provide risk management for proposed and existing energy storage assets;
• Interact with financial partners to articulate risk related to energy storage and structured solutions to managing risk;
• Assist in procurement of energy storage to ensure that products satisfy risk and investment requirements;
• Provide expert guidance to development and origination teams to ensure that business models accurately reflect the use and performance of energy storage assets;
• Develop and maintain relationships in the renewable energy and financial communities;
• Approximately 25% travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
• 3+ years with direct experience in the North American energy storage market
• 7-10 years of experience in US power finance, trading, origination, sales & marketing, or comparable experience is required. Solar development and power marketing experience is preferred.
• Previous experience working in a financial and/or structuring role involving commercial negotiation.
• Excellent customer-focused, commercial management, negotiation and influencing skills, is required.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Resourceful and accomplished research skills - ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
• Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
• Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills
• Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US competitive wholesale electricity markets as well as vertically integrated markets in the Region.
• Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
• Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
• Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation development and origination.
• Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
• Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.