Job Title: Senior Director, Finance
Travel Required: 25%
Finance Position Type: Full Time
Location: Oakland, CA
HR Contact: Sara Deslierres
Posting Expires :
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR EMAIL: email@example.com
HR Primergy Solar, LLC
555 12th St, Suite 110Oakland CA 94607
Company & Job Description
Primergy Solar - an investment platform focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Director of Finance will lead efforts to finance our growing portfolio of solar and solar + storage assets. The Senior Director will play an instrumental role in growing the Primergy investment platform by developing creative approaches to financing within our investment guidelines in various solar and storage markets in North America. In addition, the Senior Director will support the broader team to understand and manage financial parameters and risks related to our investments.
Responsibilities include developing and managing relationships with the financing and tax equity community. Experience structuring and leading negotiations on solar and solar + energy storage to meet tax equity and financing requirements is critical. In addition, ad hoc corporate finance support will also be required. Evaluating fundamental issues and in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the Company’s goals will also be required.
• Lead financing initiatives for Primergy’s solar and solar + energy storage projects across Primergy’s growing asset base.
• Lead financial structuring and support risk management for our portfolio of assets.
• Provide financial guidance to the broader team for markets that Primergy should be actively pursuing.
• Interact with financial partners and Primergy’s investors to articulate risks and structure solutions to manage risk.
• Provide financial underwriting assumptions during due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria and other financial metrics
• Provide expert guidance to development and origination teams to ensure that business models accurately reflect financing parameters.
• Develop and maintain relationships in the renewable energy and financial communities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Requires a Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
• 8+ years with direct experience in the North American solar market and/or power finance market
• 4+ years’ experience with tax equity financing in the distributed and/or utility-scale solar market.
• Excellent customer-focused, commercial management, negotiation, and influencing skills are required.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Resourceful and accomplished research skills - ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
• Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
• Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills
• Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US
competitive wholesale electricity markets as well as vertically integrated markets.
• Strong personal relationships and reputation with tax equity and debt providers.
• Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
• Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication and organizational skills are required.
• Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation development and origination.
• Exceptional understanding of economic drivers within our business.
• Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
• Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.