Summer Friday, a creative content and marketing agency, is looking for freelance Copywriters to add to our growing talent pool. We are looking for storytellers who can adapt tones and styles with ease across all industries and audiences.
You’re a word-smith who enjoys diving deep and collaborating with team members. Your ability to extract and articulate core concepts is second to none. Your storytelling brings creative to life and you have a knack for simplifying complex material into clear, concise ideas. You can educate and inspire, all while considering the medium, audience and end-goal. And let’s not forget your best trait of all… your entrepreneurial spirit and appetite for learning.
- Collaborate with Creative Director and/or other team members on ideation through to execution
- Produce high-quality content to support creative and strategy for both digital and print solutions
- Generate engaging social posts, banner ads, video scripts, infographics, tag lines/branding, white papers, email content, etc.
- Time manage assigned tasks to be completed on or before deadlines
- Confidently present, explain and justify creative choices and direction in executive design reviews and client presentations
- Be a great team member
- Embody Summer Friday's core values of teamwork, equality, open & honest collaboration, unwavering trust, commitment to quality & innovation, and a passion for social responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to create copy for a variety of audiences, brands and industries
- 5+ years copywriting experience, agency experience preferred or just amazing work
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Top-notch organizational skills, with the ability to multitask in order to meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and personal skills
- Calm demeanor, positive outlook, ability to collaborate with and inspire team members and clients
- An entrepreneurial attitude to take on tasks that support our clients’ success and the vision of Summer Friday. No job is too big or too small for you.
At Summer Friday, we live at the intersection of Big Ideas and Nimble Execution. We develop enduring creative experiences that are rooted in strategy. It’s that ability to pair big-picture, award-winning thinking with a roll-up-our-sleeves mentality that allows Summer Friday to thrive as a content studio, digital conversion driver, omnichannel optimizer, and execution powerhouse for major fortune 500 brands.
Two words define the Summer Friday state of mind: Fun and Fearless. We trust our people and processes, and that trust empowers us to be bold—to seek out projects that challenge us to grow and to constantly examine how our work impacts society. We balance that fearless spirit with a playfulness that shapes everything we do, from the way we share ideas to the way we collaborate and create. For us, it’s not about “work hard, play hard”, it’s about loving what you do and bringing that authentic passion to the team every day.
Managing a creative marketing firm has always required an unwavering commitment to talent acquisition and advancement. We stand by the word of Martin Luther King Jr. when it comes to judging people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. We take this further in recognizing all walks of life beyond skin, religion, and sex. Through this collective understanding and appreciation, we have learned that diversity is exactly what allows us to be successful, fun, smart, efficient, creative, innovative, and every day inspired. By continuing to place this emphasis, we believe that we are fighting racism and inequality from within. Charging ahead, we are committed to adapting policies as we learn and progress as a company and a country.