Reports to: Director, Health Marketing
Department: Brand & Marketing Strategy
Location: Atlanta, GA
Employee status: Permanent, full-time
Brunet-García applies exceptional strategic creativity to some of the most complex issues affecting our nation today. We strive to make a difference by focusing our energy in areas of social impact. We translate complexity into understanding; create life-changing communications that resonate across communities and cultures; reach audiences with innovative multi-channel outreach strategies; and inspire action.
We are seeking an Atlanta-based Research Associate to support our agency in cutting-edge development and analysis of national health communication and marketing research projects. The Research Associate will function as an integral part of the team supporting research, coordination, and analytic activities for federal, state, and local health communication and marketing campaigns. This role will collaborate with senior research staff and clients while developing an in-depth understanding of health communication, communication science, and research and evaluation methods. This position requires strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams. Many opportunities for mentorship and professional development (including innovative methods development) are available.
- Leads quantitative and qualitative research activities related to topics such as chronic disease prevention, drug overdose prevention, and infectious disease prevention; formative research, message testing, and statistical analysis of programs and communication products.
- Develops research instruments, including programming surveys and developing qualitative discussion guides.
- Conducts focus groups, interviews, or other data collection activities.
- Contributes to and/or prepares portions of technical memoranda, proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Leads literature reviews and environmental scans and synthesizes findings.
- Manages and participates in data collection activities including stakeholder interviews, technical expert panels, and focus groups.
- Performs statistical analyses using programs such as Excel, SPSS, R or qualitative content analyses using programs such as NVivo or Atlas.
- Manages correspondence and project communications and assists with other project management responsibilities including scheduling, preparing meeting agendas, and recording meeting minutes.
- Writes contract or grant proposal sections with moderate level of technical complexity and gathers background information to support proposal efforts.
- Reviews and proofs own and others’ work for accuracy and completeness.
- Works effectively as part of a team of mixed levels of technical skills and experience, both mentoring and being mentored on project tasks.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Master’s degree (Summer 2022 graduates will be considered) in Public Health, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Public Policy, or a related field
- A demonstrated interest in health communication and marketing, health services or health policy research
- Quantitative and/or qualitative research experience or coursework
- Experience with R, Python, SAS, SPSS, NVivo, and/or Stata. (Will consider candidates with strengths in either qualitative or quantitative analysis skills)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively interface with internal departments, clients, partners and governmental agencies
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Mastery of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident, eligible for government clearance
- Positive Attitude
- Great team player
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Unwavering attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Effective time-management skills with emphasis on quality and timely completion of tasks
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
Employees may be required to complete other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Working at Brunet-García
Brunet-García offers a generous compensation package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salaries with an annual incentive plan based on performance
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA and HSA
- Vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays – plus, we give you your birthday off!
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid parental leave
- B|G also offers some extra-fun perks, including an annual learning & development stipend, monthly health stipend, subscription to Calm, an employee discount platform, and more!
Brunet-García is a multilingual, multicultural communications firm, headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, with a presence in both Atlanta and Washington, D.C. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for career growth, a family-friendly work environment, and the opportunity to produce work that matters. For more information on our firm, visit our website. For consideration for this position, please apply here. Please include a cover letter with your application.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Brunet-Garcia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (904) 346-1977.