Triumvira is a multi-national, clinical stage biotechnology company located in Hamilton, Ontario with headquarters in Austin, TX. We are a fast-paced, innovative, forward-thinking and highly collaborative group of scientists, technologists, R&D and other professionals that focus on therapies for small tumors.
Triumvira Immunologics is seeking an energetic and accomplished Scientist or Sr. Scientist with a PhD in Immunology or a related discipline to join our growing R&D team. Our selected hire must have extensive expertise in gamma-delta T-cells and T-cell biology. This position is part of our Translational R&D Immunology team focused on characterizing novel, genetically engineered T-cell therapeutics to combat cancer and other indications. This role will require laboratory/bench duties about 80% of the time.
· Performing immunological characterization of therapeutic candidates
· Supporting hands-on laboratory work including aseptic cell growth/manipulation procedures and conducting functional and phenotypic characterization of cells, writing study plans, research reports, SOPs and work instructions.
· Performing immunological assays, T-cell characterization, tissue culture, co-culture assays, microscopy analysis, flow cytometry and cytokine assays.
· Planning, organizing and coordinating scientific research projects, evaluating research data and revising techniques or approaches to problems.
· Comply with and enforce company’s standard operating procedures and facility safety regulations
· Specialist knowledge in gamma-delta, T-cell biology
· Proven track-record to manage and complete assigned experiments
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills (oral and written) and publication records in relevant fields
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
· PhD in Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
WORK-RELATED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· For Scientist, a minimum of 2-years of relevant experience. For Sr. Scientist, a minimum of 4-years relevant experience
· Proficient in standard laboratory methods in cell biology and tissue culture
· Cancer immunotherapy, T-cells, genetic engineering, cytotoxicity assays, and other immunological assays
· Experience in the biotech/pharma industry
· Familiar with laboratory safety standards and prior working experience in a level 2 biosafety environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization in Canada, Triumvira will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization..
NOTICE TO AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies. Triumvira is not open to Recruiting/Staffing agency support at this time. Our in-house recruiting team manages all employment opportunities. Please do not contact Triumvira employees directly. If you would like to be considered in future years as a vendor partner, submit your company overview to Human Resources.