JOB TITLE: Eastside City Life East Ministry Staff
Supervisors: Director of Students Ministries and City Life East Site Leader
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GOAL: To work as part of the team to advance the mission and vision of Central Ohio Youth for Christ through implementing YFC’s 5 Essentials and Holistic Community Development Model with excellence among the teens on the Eastside. As well as help recruit and train Volunteers and VIT’s to disciple/mentor CL Teens to be life-long followers who lead.
- Responsible to assist in developing adult leaders who facilitate Youth for Christ’s holistic model of programming and relationship building.
- Responsible to assist the City Life East team to accomplish their outreach/program, and spiritual goals annually.
- Responsible to fulfill COYFC staff responsibilities
- Responsible to fulfill Spiritual Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Holistic Model & Leader Development
- Contribute to implementation of Holistic Model Programming by recruiting and building relationships with students and volunteer ministry leaders.
- Become an excellent practitioner and champion of YFC’s 5 Essentials, leading wider volunteer team in grow in implementing 5 Essentials
- Actively participate in weekly Club and Bible studies at City Life East
- Disciple and mentor a minimum of 1 student in the City Life East ministry
- Welcome and lead team members to pursue, share gospel with, and disciple high school youth
- Attend and encourage volunteers and VIT’s to attend and participate in trips, events and All-Area Clubs.
City Life Club and Leadership Team Duties
- Regularly pray for teens, Volunteer Ministry Leaders and student leaders
- Attend, recruit students to, and help lead camps and retreats
- Diligently work with team to proactively prevent discipline issues or handle discipline promptly, effectively, and redemptively
- Help with finding and coordinating games for Club nights.
- Meet weekly with 2-3 students and focus on welcoming new students into the ministry site
- Help other volunteers be successful by including them in relational activities with students.
- Participate in bi-weekly supervision meetings
- Take part in Student Ministry Team meetings, student leader meetings as schedule permits
- Share in the responsibility of writing and sending out a weekly prayer email and monthly newsletters.
- Ensure that all volunteers complete and comply with annual training requirements and updating other necessary volunteer paperwork
- Assist with other
ministry responsibilities as needed
COYFC Staff Responsibilities
- Regularly check and promptly respond to work related e-mail.
- Fill out timesheet turn it in each week
- Show up ready to work on time.
- Ensure that ministry data is collected and turned in to COYFC and YFC/USA
- Participate in COYFC All-Staff meetings and events each quarter as schedule permits
- Support COYFC Development efforts by inviting 2 new attendees each year to See the Story tours and the Be the Story event
- Agree with and
abide by YFC Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, COYFC expects all employees to:
• Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
• Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
• Regularly share the gospel message with students who come into contact with COYFC ministries