City Life After School Program– Paid Internship
Supervisor: City Life Center After School Site Leader
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GOAL: To work as part of a team to advance the mission and vision of Central Ohio Youth for Christ team through implementing YFC’s 5 Essentials and Holistic Community Development Model with excellence among youth in Franklinton, and to grow the abilities and skills to lead effectively in a Christian ministry.
· Responsible to work with fellow staff and volunteers to facilitate holistic model programming at City Life Center.
· Responsible to fulfill City Life staff team responsibilities and internship requirements
· Responsible to fulfill COYFC staff responsibilities
· Responsible to fulfill COYFC spiritual responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Holistic Model Programming
- Contribute to implementation of Holistic Model Programming, recruit students and assist volunteers.
- Participate in YFC ministry RMAs in order to grow and develop students using Holistic Model Programming
- Become an excellent practitioner and champion of the YFC 5 Essentials, leading wider volunteer team toward excellence.
Fulfill City Life Center Team Responsibilities
- Work with City Life Center team to handle student discipline promptly and safely
- Diligently and proactively work with team to keep Center clean and operational
- Help all students sign in/fill out Economis Applications and communicate as needed with Economis Administrators.
- Regularly participate in City Life internship learning opportunities
- Attend City Life Center staff team meetings
Fulfill COYFC Staff Responsibilities
- Regularly check and promptly respond to work related e-mail.
- Fill out timesheet weekly.
- Show up ready to work on time and demonstrate a teachable attitude
- Assist with data entry and attendance tracking as needed
- Support Leadership Development training efforts
- Attend quarterly COYFC Staff meetings
- Support Development fundraising efforts by inviting 2 new attendees per year to See the Story tours and/or Be the Story
- Optional participation as a volunteer ministry leader in City Life student ministries
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and a minister of the Gospel, COYFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Regularly share the gospel message with students who come into contact with COYFC ministries
Hours: 12-16 hours per week
Duration: 2 year commitment
Sign and Date:_________________________________________________________________________