JOB TITLE: Director of Impact Programs
UNIT/ORGANIZATION: Resource Development
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
GENERAL FUNCTION: To provide leadership, accountability, and structure to all aspects of major gift project development. Create and achieve measurable outcomes of a common goal through coordination of community partners, with donor engagement and stewardship being a key fact
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Identify opportunities to align the passions of major gift donors with the mission of the United Way and needs of the community.
• Develop United Way “products” that are creative, outside the box opportunities that can be crafted to align with the passions of major gift donors
• Research successful solutions implemented in other communities, and identify ways to implement best practices in our community to drive community-level change
. • Align internal and external partners to create projects using coordinated programming that solve community issues within United Way defined priorities.
• Ensure projects have clear metrics, measurable outcomes, and well-defined project plans for each participating partner.
• Hold partners accountable to timeline and implementation plan. Provide reminders and follow-up to participating partners to ensure goals are on track.
• Ensure clear and consistent reporting regarding progress, learnings and program adjustments is available to share with donors on a regular schedule.
• Work directly with United Way departments to ensure potential projects align with and compliment our current work.
• Identify and develop new partners to help move projects forward and achieve desired outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
•Bachelor’s Degree required in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, and/or Social Work focus preferred
. • Two to five years of experience in fund raising or other relevant business experience.
• Two to five years’ experience in project or program management.
• Persuasive customer-oriented sales skills, effective oral and written communications skills; thorough analytical abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills Creative thinker, ability to think outside the box to solve complex community issues.
• supervisory and management skill and strategic thinker
• strong computer skills in terms of utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, and campaign application software.
• Attention to detail, Effective communicator. Comfortable in a changing environment. Strong organizational skills. Comfortable taking the lead and providing direction without formal authority.
HOW TO APPLY If you wish to apply for this position,
please apply online by clicking https://www.forsythunitedway.org/who-we-are/careers/
or forward your resume, United Way of Forsyth County