JOB TITLE: Grants Administration Manager
UNIT/ORGANIZATION: Finance Department (works very closely with Community Planning and Investment)
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Responsible for grants financial management, program tracking, reporting and oversight, and other special projects. To be successful in this position the candidate must be detail-oriented, able to track a multitude of information at one time and organized. The candidate must be able to work within a team environment. The candidate will understand and work diligently to ensure the organization is in compliance with all city, state, and federal regulations based on the funding source. The Grant Management Specialist is responsible for the fiscal management of around 15 grants with $2.5 million in revenue. The number of grants and amount will fluctuate over time. The position requires the candidate to complete an array of administrative tasks such as copying, filing, and data entry, and to maintain strong communication of status/progress to stakeholders in organization. The position and grants department are currently growing and developing; the candidate will need to have the ability to focus on process improvement while learning the current structure of the position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Create roll-up financial documents through Microsoft Excel for management to use to understand grant status, and issues.
• Manage implementation of grants management software and serve as staff expert once software is being utilized.
• Ensure timely and efficient flow of grant funds, both disbursement and receivables, to support organizational cash flow and community housing needs.
• Responsible for processing, coding of invoices and request for reimbursement to the appropriate funding source.
• Create calendar for financial grant reporting deadlines and work with applicable parties to collect data, prepare grant reports and submit required information on a timely basis.
• Learn and maintain familiarity with government regulations for all applicable government funding sources.
• Provide regular intra-departmental communication to stakeholders regarding grant status and changes necessary to develop efficiencies.
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with grant billing contacts.
• Integrate and work as part of both the Finance Department and Housing Matters team.
• Assist in the preparation of grant budgets for applications, in collaboration with the teams working on the applications.
• Be the primary fiscal contact for sub-recipients and funders; understand specific grant requirements; ensure compliance on contract conditions and assurances; ensure reporting requirements are met.
• Coordinate the budgeting process and detail for assigned grants. – Managing data and reviewing/monitoring spending rates.
• Other duties as needed and assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of five years’ experience with an Associate’s degree in Accounting.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in civic sector, government and non-profit human service and community development related positions required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of workforce development needs.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience finance, grants management, or related area(s).
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting
· Demonstrated experience with government regulated funding and foundation grant programs.
· Able to manage detailed work on a schedule, as well as to respond to unscheduled needs in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Able to work independently and as a team member.
· Experience using Grants Management Software
· Able to influence others to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
· Demonstrated communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking https://www.forsythunitedway.org/who-we-are/careers/ or forward your resume,
United Way of Forsyth County
301 N. Main Street , Ste. 1700
Winston Salem, NC 27101