Ctrl IQ is the official founding support and services organization for Rocky Linux. We are looking to increase our team with a range of skillsets and experience for customer facing engineers, developers, and solutions architects. All positions are remote and based in the United States.
For these positions, we are seeking Linux kernel developers familiar with various aspects of kernel support including real-time, embedded, and virtualization.
Successful candidates will have interest and experience in any or all of the following areas: Linux internals, hardware testing, packaging, RPM, debugging, hypervisors, and overachieving.
- Work closely with the development teams as well as product, open source community, and sales teams to develop relevant solutions
- Be part in architecture level discussions, planning, as well as implementation (lines of code)
- Research to ensure what we are building is always the best path forward
- Document each project to facilitate integration for users
- Drive proof of concepts and minimal viable products for demonstration
- Release fast and release often software development mentality
- Leverage Git/GitHub for all development collaboration with internal team and open source community
- 5 years minimum experience in C development
- 3 years minimum experience with Linux kernel development, debugging, and support
- 2 years minimum experience with real-time and virtualization
- Strong knowledge of:
Kernel and User space
Open Source Community Involvement
Custom hardware integration
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a remote team environment
- Identify, analyze, and resolve complex software design problems
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Friendly, collaborative, humble, honest, and always striving to be better