Vice President, Business Development & Partnerships
StorySlab, an innovator in sales enablement technology is looking for a Business Development and Partnerships Executive to drive inorganic growth by identifying, cultivating, signing and commercializing partnerships with complimentary companies/technologies and sales channels. This role is for a business development leader that’s passionate about the sales tech space and is excited about selling a platform that gives great salespeople and their companies an unfair advantage.
StorySlab is the only SaaS platform focused on equipping reps for real-time sales conversation and sales execution. StorySlab is a bulletproof system that turns average sales reps into heroes. Our mission is to equip sales reps to engage customers in person or remote and to help them close more deals and bigger deals, faster. Our system adapts to the rep and to the selling situation. We have a collaborative work environment and a seasoned but scrappy team that closes deals, delights clients, delivers on our commitments, and has fun doing it.
Having raised our Series A round of funding in April of 2020, StorySlab is growing rapidly and poised for even greater growth. We have strong VC-backing with engaged investors and a committed Board of Directors. We have the financial support/runway that enables us to hire the very best people that will change the landscape of how to optimize sales success - internally and for our clients.
Our platform is the perfect complement to many sales processes and is uniquely architected to connect and integrate with the other tools that sales reps use, making collaboration and partnerships both commercially and technologically exciting and impactful.
We are hiring a leader for our newly created business development and partnership function. This function will be responsible for driving inorganic growth at StorySlab. You will work closely with the leadership team and their teams across all functional areas. You will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of the industry and markets we target. You must have experience spearheading a transaction process, which includes crafting a business case, performing due diligence, and driving integration with cross-functional teams. You will have significant visibility within StorySlab and have opportunities for increased responsibility as your team and the company grows.
Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, communication skills, project management skills and a commitment to continuously learn.
- Research adjacent markets and technologies, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting sales technology in general and StorySlab in particular.
- Partner with StorySlab leaders on M&A strategy development and build/buy/partner decisions.
- Identify, establish relationships with and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities
- Identify, establish relationships and contracts with sales/distribution and reseller channels
- Play significant role in deal execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project management
- Operationalize Corp Dev processes to help StorySlab scale
- Develop network of entrepreneurs, industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers
- Record of achievement in quantitative activities
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels
- Sound judgement used to navigate complex scenarios
- Experience managing team members below and above
- Knowledge of software industry and, preferably, sales enablement
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant work experience, and ideally 4+ years in Corp Dev within the technology industry
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Outstanding references
- StorySlab is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual's age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive base and performance-based compensation, benefits and equity participation.