3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, and Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is looking for a Software architect to join our team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will architect and build backend microservices that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way modern commerce works.
- Be a hands-on software developer
- Be a technical leader, mentor, collaborator, and champion of best practices.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate Java microservices that process billions of dollars worth of online purchases each year.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and lunch-and-learns.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in development, architecture, and engineering
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or similar field) or applicable experience
- Demonstrated ability to architect solutions
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, Elasticsearch, and AWS.
- Expertise in domain-driven design and distributed systems.
- Understanding of what it means to ship high quality code, taking pride in your craft.
- Experience with database design and data modeling (relational and NoSQL databases)
- Extensive knowledge of the software development process and corresponding technologies
- Extensive experience with RESTful Web Services
- Extensive experience with Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, End-to-end, Load)
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g., Jira
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and Jenkins
- Proficient knowledge of the operational and development aims of agile software
- Strong soft skills, including attention to detail, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
Bonus Points If You Have:
- AWS or other cloud certifications
- Experience building solutions per the AWS Well-Architected Framework
We look for team players: authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to enable and equip you for long-term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest-performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.