3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
The Director of Software Development () is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery of software. Managing a team of developers, the will work closely with other members of the Product and Engineering management team to deliver software that meets user needs. The will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic technical vision and all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for Software Development teams.
- Lead and manage Software Development teams to deliver software, infrastructure, and architecture that meets the needs of users.
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team.
- Work effectively with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Development teams to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage, and provide progress on all software development activities.
- Be accountable for the on-time and to-quality delivery of software development projects.
- Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development.
- Review and apply best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy.
- Identify technology trends and implement solutions that will be able to support the future success of the business.
- Collaborate with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and internal services.
- Oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Drive and maintain consistent standards and approaches throughout the development teams.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the Software Development teams and across the organization.
- Be accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning, and monitoring of the Software Development teams.
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development teams are consistent with the business needs for providing quality in present and future services.
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountability, and personal development for all Software Development staff in line with any anticipated growth.
- A Master’s degree in the field of computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading and managing multiple teams of software developers.
- A strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle.
- Familiarity with more than one software development methodology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of databases (including relational databases).
- Knowledge of web services and standards.
- An ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- An ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A track record of successfully designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments.
- Hands-on coding experience using more than one recognized industry standard language ( C++, Java, C#).
- Experience with leading teams working in an Agile environment.
- Performance and line management of highly skilled teams.
- Experience with successfully delivering into the market sophisticated software product releases deployed into a variety of environments.
- An ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS certifications (not required, though highly desirable).
If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long-term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.