3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
Do you love to hate crappy software?
Do you nerd out on coding ways to test complex software applications?
Do you like to work on teams with other smart people who work hard and get stuff done?
Do you appreciate delicious chicken sandwiches?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at 3PL Central!
As a Test Automation Engineer in Test at 3PL Central, you will be a member of an agile team environment and you will learn, practice and drive the software quality best practices we use that help make our software the industry leader. Coordination, planning, execution, automation scripting and driving root cause and corrective actions are only a few of the many activities your work will entail.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as subject matter expert for complex automated testing application design and development issues.
- Participate as an expert in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Create automation testing strategies, leveraging knowledge of industry-standard software development principles.
- Review testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers.
- Integrate test code into the CI/CD pipeline, review and monitor test results, and work with developers to fix and resolve identified issues.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing automation procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades to existing test environments.
- Collaborate with product owners, development leads and other stakeholders to understand product specifics and create corresponding test strategies.
- Coaching and mentoring cross-functional teams in automated testing and CI/CD.
What You Need for this Position:
We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software quality and must take pride in the software the team is producing.
In addition to this, our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction or related technical degree.
- 4+ years of experience in software development or test engineering role with a broad understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of modern web and mobile architecture, specifically microservices and RESTful web services.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with MSSQL databases or other relational databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as you will be presenting complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
But What You Really Need for this Position:
- The ability to coach and mentor fellow team members in coding automated tests.
- A passion for speeding up the release pipeline without sacrificing quality.
- Experience with Cypress.
- Experience with Gatling and/or jMeter.
- A fondness for good board games and/or video games (bonus points for Hollow Knight).
- A love of The Lord of the Rings (books or movies, your choice).
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.