Walden Biosciences’ mission is to transform the treatment of kidney disease by reversing its progression and enabling and inspiring patients to resume their normal lives. Our focus is on developing first-in-class, highly targeted therapies for individuals living with kidney disease. As a member of the Walden Team, you will have an opportunity to help us bring this mission to life.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Strategic Initiatives, will serve as Chief of Staff and support members of the Senior Leadership Team in our Cambridge-based facilities. This individual will work in partnership with the CEO, the Head of Finance, and our legal department on transactional matters including in-licensing, partnerships, out-licensing, and M&A as well as lead strategic planning activities. This high impact role requires a charismatic leader able to achieve business goals while simultaneously building strong relationships across the organization.
- Drive projects from concept to completion and manage every aspect of process along the way including resource attainment, provide comprehensive data analysis and insights/recommendations to executive stakeholders
- Build and maintain competitive intelligence framework and reports to stay abreast of key trends and developments in business relevant external landscape, including but not limited to technologies, therapeutic programs, companies, research-development-commercial landscapes, and partnering activities
- Serve as a key thought partner to R&D and the business development operational lead for R&D enabling technology- and capability-enhancing collaborations
- Develop solutions that meet demanding timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Work across functions to assure flawless project delivery; anticipate and mitigate issues before they arise
- Prioritize workstreams in alignment with Executive Committee/Executive Stakeholder guidance
- Track and report progress across each initiative including, time, resources, budget, and progress
- Present proposals, progress, and results to Executive Committee and/or the Board of Directors as needed
- Drive process and accountabilities for creation of key cross-functional deliverables
- Drive execution of strategic recommendations based on status of programs and risk factors
- Provide risk assessments and lead vetting of alternative options
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in pharma/biotech project management, marketing, corporate strategy, or related field
- MBA or consulting experience in pharma/biotech required
- Experience with financial modeling and valuation
- Outstanding planning, analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient presenter of complex concepts and materials
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail and desire for perfection in work product
- Ability to provide structure to ambiguous ideas and comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated program/project management skills and experience
- Leadership skills including direct collaboration with executive leadership
- Ability to influence across the business
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, poise, professionalism, and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work on site in the Cambridge office
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, may request a reasonable accommodation
About Walden Biosciences:
Walden Biosciences is a private, venture-backed biopharmaceutical company focused on developing breakthrough medicines to reverse the progression of both rare and common forms of kidney disease. Founded by world-renowned renal experts, the Company is applying a novel, multi-disciplinary approach that directly targets the kidneys to prevent damage and restore kidney function. Walden has active programs that address two novel targets for therapeutic intervention: soluble urokinase plasminogen activating receptor (suPAR) and dynamin. Targeting both suPAR and dynamin may be beneficial across numerous types of renal disease. Walden was launched in late 2020 with a $51 million Series A round of financing led by Arch Venture Partners with participation from other leading venture capital firms. For more information, please visit www.waldenbiosciences.com.