Walden Biosciences is a privately held, venture capital backed company with a mission to transform the treatment of kidney disease by reversing its progression and enabling and inspiring patients to resume their normal lives. We are developing first-in-class, highly targeted therapies for individuals living with both acute and chronic renal diseases. Our objective is to transform the treatment of renal diseases, providing patients with treatment options where currently few exist. You will have an opportunity to help us bring this mission to life.
As an integral member of our Systems Biology team, the Scientist/Senior Scientist will work closely with Associate Director, Systems Biology. She/he will be undertaking experiments that further our molecular understanding of the biology driving our discovery programs while concurrently contribute to build out of the group’s technical capabilities.
• Support the systems biology team with execution of standard cell-based and biophysical assays
• Evaluate and troubleshoot new assays as well as experimental techniques
• Design and implement thoughtful and well controlled experiments
• Support the larger Systems Biology team by helping with general lab tasks
• M.S./Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience in molecular and cellular biology, pharmacology or a related scientific field
• At least 2 years experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry performing wet lab experiments on time sensitive drug discovery projects
• Excellent track record of scientific experiences as demonstrated by publications, patents, or awards
• Broad experience in the application and execution of cellular, biochemical, and biophysical assays in a scientific setting solving difficult problems
• Hands-on experience with diverse experimental techniques, including troubleshooting, such as mammalian cell culture, ELISA, Western Blotting, imaging, RT- qPCR, FACS, cloning, protein production
• Demonstrated lab experience in renal therapeutic discovery/development preferred
•Must be able to analyze, report and communicate data clearly and rigorously
• Must be able to lead and mentor team members
• Ability to learn rapidly, implement new techniques and adapt rapidly in a dynamic environment
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and documentation
• Motivated team player, ability to multitask
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Oral/Written)
Based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, Walden Biosciences is developing first-in-class, highly targeted therapies for individuals living with chronic kidney diseases (CKD). Our approach is different -- we utilize a deep mechanistic understanding of kidney function in health and disease, knowledge of novel biological pathways critical in regulating kidney function and take a systems-based approach to translation into drug development. Our goal is to provide patients with real treatment options where currently few exist and none of which target the kidney at the site of drug action. Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial and is driven by data and innovation. Our team is dynamic and has a successful track record in drug discovery. We strive to make the best decisions with the best available information, lead by example and bring transformative medicines to patients in need.