Biodesix is a leading diagnostic company with a focus in lung disease. The Company develops diagnostic tests addressing important clinical questions by combining multi-omics through the power of artificial intelligence. Biodesix is the first company to offer six non-invasive tests for patients with diseases of the lung. Biodesix launched the SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR™ test and the Platelia SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab in response to the global pandemic and virus that impacts the lung and causes COVID-19. The blood-based Biodesix Lung Reflex® strategy for lung cancer patients integrates the GeneStrat® and VeriStrat® tests to support treatment decisions with results in 72 hours, expediting time to treatment. The blood-based Nodify Lung™ nodule risk assessment testing strategy consisting of the Nodify XL2™ test and the Nodify CDT™ test evaluates the risk of malignancy in incidental pulmonary nodules, enabling physicians to better triage patients to the most appropriate course of action. Biodesix also collaborates with many of the world’s leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to solve complex diagnostic challenges in lung disease. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.biodesix.com.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Test Processing Support Specialist 1 duties will consist of accurately and precisely transferring and entering data from test request forms into an electronic data base.
This role shall comply, at a minimum, with the responsibilities outlined in:
- CLIA: Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Requirements, Title 42 Code of Federal Regulations Part 493
- CAP: College of American Pathologists (CAP): All Common, General, Chemistry, Director Responsibility and Authority and Molecular Pathology checklists
- NYS CLEP: New York State Department of Health, Clinical Laboratory Evaluation Program (CLEP), New York State Public Health Law, Article 5 Title 5
- ISO: International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 13485, Quality Management Systems, Requirements for Regulatory Purposes, 2016
- All other applicable state and regulatory governing authorities including but not limited to: CA, PA, RI, MD, WA Medical Test Site (MTS)
- Data entry of test information.
- Confirmation of entered data, and confirmation that data provided meets the minimum requirements as indicated by the QMS.
- Timely and accurate delivery of reviewed test results.
- Participation in quality and accuracy programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Test Processing and data entry experience preferable.
- Ability to adapt to emerging situations and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA regulations, and appropriate use of protected health information.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Must adhere to all standard operation procedures within Quality Management System.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma
- Undergraduate Degree preferred
- 1-3 years customer service or data entry experience
Biodesix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.