Who We Are:
Our team at Biodesix is the example of what we do, how we do it and why it matters. We are the lung cancer diagnostic solutions company. Our mission is to improve every patient's lung cancer care by empowering physicians with swift, comprehensive, and actionable insights.
We solve complex diagnostic challenges in lung cancer. Work alongside doctors and scientists, we boldly question the status quo and employ innovative approaches to swiftly deliver actionable results.
We use an integrated approach for a comprehensive view of each patient's cancer. Our blood-based tests leverage genomics and proteomics to uncover individualized insights about tumor biology and the patient's immune response. Learn more about us at https://www.biodesix.com/
This is a contract position.
Biodesix' corporate headquarters is located in Boulder, CO. We are currently seeking Mobile Phlebotomists (MP) to assist with blood draws for our patients within the surrounding area of New Haven, CT. Ideal candidates will have strong phlebotomy skills, strong communication, excellent customer service, and be dependable and punctual.
- This is a contract position, terms of net 30. Must provide own gloves and sharps container. Must have access to disposal service.
- MP will go to client's home or place of work to perform draw.
- MP will be responsible for scheduling their own appointments based on information provided from Biodesix. You must complete scheduling within 24 hours of assignment.
- Collect specimens according to standard established procedures.
- Package blood samples according to standard established procedures and ship same day as draw using company FedEx account.
- Have your own smart phone, scanner, and printer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one year of experience within the last three years performing draws.
- Must have excellent phlebotomy skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with clients and report critical issues as they occur.
- Must demonstrate the consistent ability to provide respectful, compassionate care and understanding as these patients may respond emotionally to the need to conduct draws or may present the need for more advance blood draw techniques due to their physical condition.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgement.
- Have ability to work independently.
- Be technology literate.