OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Laboratory technicians assist with the setup and support of the daily activities of the laboratory. In addition, Laboratory Technicians have the technical training and experience required to perform regulated clinical laboratory test realization (test specimen receipt through test result generation) using standard in-vitro laboratory techniques. Team members are also expected to operate a proprietary LIMS. The position also works in a cross-functional matrix organization working across departments, including Development, Customer Service, Accounting, Quality, Operations, the Laboratory Directors, and other departments as needed.
Ongoing training will be provided to supplement key skills required to perform the functions of this position as applicable.
Required: must embrace a culture of transparency, willing and open to share data and technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, on time delivery of complete and quality results. Surfaces issues promptly to manager with follow through to a resolution.
Appropriate designees may act as responsible delegates according to the Biodesix Quality Matrix, including day to day responsibilities required for CAP/CLIA/COLA as well as all state-specific requirements in which Biodesix is an approved test facility.
As a Laboratory Technician, this role is required to abide by applicable laws, regulations, and accreditation standards governing the laboratory meeting qualifications under CLIA 06D2085730, Section 493.1495; Human Resources Sustaining Standard of Practice 4 (HR Sr) Technical Personnel.
- Completes training and Competency Assessment for all new and existing procedures.
- Takes responsibility for completing continuing education (CD) requirements set by applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Performs all test realization function in support of Biodesix products and services.
- Performs duties in line with established SOP and in accordance with HIPAA.
- Enters appropriate data into LIMS.
- Uploads appropriate data to the Customer Service team.
- Contributes to the overall maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies following SOPs.
- Contributes to the creation and revision of Laboratory SOPs in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Contributes to the Internal Audit readiness through good documentation practices.
- Contributes to Development projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical level will be benchmarked based on laboratory experience, technical competency and ability to work independently.
- Outstanding technical laboratory skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong commitment to thoroughness and error-free execution of procedures.
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of lab safety
- Communicates effectively with on-site and remotely located management/support teams.
- Has exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with strong work ethic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- OR equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined by CLIA.
- Experience with Agilent LC-MS preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Office suite).