Please note that this position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19. Also, this role is a full-time 6 month contract position with the possibility of turning into full-time "permanent" employment.
Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
The HR Assistant supports the Human Resources team to provide a diverse range of programs, policies and procedures related to human resources planning, performance management, recruitment, training and development, recognition, wellness, and HRIS administration.
- Support the development and implementation of HR programs including recruitment, performance management, training & development, policies & procedures, benefits; and health and wellness including mentorship and rewards & recognition program.
- Support the creation of employee training sessions on HR programs including policies & procedures, benefits, compensation and soft skills.
- Support the full cycle recruitment process including posting jobs, scheduling interviews and screening applicants.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new staff including; creation of personnel files, facilitation of orientation processes and enrolment into HRIS.
- Support the coordination of the employee offboarding process
- Support the creation, maintenance and administration of training and HR manuals, policies and employee handbooks.
- Conduct research for policies, training, strategic planning and other human resource initiatives.
- Enter and maintain data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Post secondary education in Human Resources, Business or a similar program
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as Windows, Office, etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight and/or shifting deadlines.
- Must be resourceful and have strong troubleshooting skills and be up to date on the latest technology.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and possess an attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure, work independently and complete projects within the established deadlines.
- CHRP designation or CHRP in progress is considered an asset
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with the position.
A condition of employment is a current valid criminal background check. We will require consent to submit a criminal background check on your behalf.
As part of Canacre’s ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Canacre will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.