Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
The Project Coordinator generates, tracks and monitors all aspects of project execution relative to costs, schedules and milestone and acts as the liaison to communicate project status to project teams.
- Track and update project timeframes, schedules, progress/status reports, change orders, scope changes and allocated hours/budgets.
- Track and report project issues, action items, decisions and risks.
- Communicate project status and resource changes to appropriate team members.
- Maintain tracking of action items, deliverables, metrics and follows up with the Project Manager and/or Department Lead to obtain timely replies and/or action.
- Track, review and report timesheet entries, expenses, purchase orders and burn reports, in conjunction with Accounting.
- Coordinate Records of Consultation; summarizing, editing, and recording them into database.
- Monitor project status, plans, accruals, and budget using project management tools, dashboards and software.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of meeting agendas and minutes, and distributes any required materials.
- Update and maintains project documentation, including weekly updates, trackers, plans and reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate lessons learned sessions for project teams.
- Prepare change order documentation for active projects including projected schedule, scope and budget.
- May perform incidental project management duties including planning, research, analysis and implementation of deliverables/action items.
- Post-secondary education, ideally in planning, project management, accounting, administration or business.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a project driven environment.
- Exceptional computer skills (MS Project, Excel, Word, Access).
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict management and problem-solving skills and able to analyze workflow/processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with one of our upcoming projects.
A condition of employment is a current valid criminal background check. We will require consent to submit a criminal background check on your behalf.
As part of Canacre's ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Canacre will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.