Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
- Assist with land and right-of-way based research projects, contract reviews and negotiations
- Draft agreements, documents for filings and letters that span a variety of issues, including regulatory, transactional and compliance
- Draft confidentiality agreements, professional service contracts, and letter agreements
- Coordinate between internal and external teams with a high degree of professionalism
- Maintain the various databases where legal information is stored
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or higher in Paralegal Studies or relevant field of study
- Minimum 3 years’ professional paralegal experience
- Professional experience working at a law firm or in the legal department of a company
- Professional experience conducting legal research
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation
- A committed team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong reporting and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
- Some travel required
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with one of our upcoming projects.