Job Title: Events Administrator
Reports to: Director of Events
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
An events administrator is responsible for carrying out the administrative and organizational functions of events, and other tasks as needed by the Director of Events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Providing administrative support to the Director of Events
· Overseeing and completing tasks throughout the event planning process
· Attending events, as needed, to assist with event execution
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with event attendees
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors
· Organizing samples and previews of all vendor supplies
· Negotiating with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
· Securing, organizing, and managing inventory before and after events
· Placing orders
· Getting research done for various event needs
· Overseeing set-up and break-down of events
· Liaising and working in relation with other departments to ensure the completion of successful events
· Securing in-kind donations
· Ordering, packing, and mailing gifts
· Running errands
· Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Proficient in computer skills and basic software applications (Word, Excel, Gmail, etc.)
· Able to effectively communicate via phone, email, or text with team members and external contacts
· Must be reliable with a dedicated work ethic and willing to work in variety of event roles
· Must have ability to multitask and prioritize high volume of tasks, correspondence, and deadlines
· Must possess strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
· Must be analytical, composed, results-oriented, creative, energetic
· Must have ability to work independently, take initiative, and problem solve
· Must collaborate well with others
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
o Must be able to lift and move up to 70 pounds without assistance
o Must be able to reach and remove heavy items without assistance
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Signed acknowledgement of Messenger’s “Statement of Faith” and “Staff Covenant/Lifestyle Agreement” forms.
· Signed acknowledgement to policies and procedures as stated in our employee handbook.
Colorado Springs area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
This is an entry level position with a salary range of $45,000 to $50,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
· 401(k) with employer contribution
· Nine paid holidays
· Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
· Ten paid days off in your first year of tenure
· Employee Assistance Program