Job Title: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by passionately and developing the Team and the system that supports it. This role also ensures that the Team is following all applicable state and labor laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees all Human Resource policies, procedures, and implementation and develops/updates all documented practices in coordination with the direction from our HR consultant
· Ensures that the organization is in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal labor and employee related laws
· Assists the Director of HR with recruiting, interview, and hiring process for open positions as needed
· Assists the Director of HR with onboarding newly hired employees as needed
· Ensures that all 1099 contractor agreements and documentation is adequately maintained according to retention standards
· Ensures that all terminated employees have had a termination checklist completed and that all applicable access and items granted during employment are retained
· Keeps and maintains all confidential employee files
· Tracks and audits benefits such as vacation, sick, comp and holiday time
· Stays current with new payroll and tax laws especially as they pertain to clergy including housing allowances, etc. Also ensures that our documentation is complete and appropriate
· Serves as the key contact for all health insurance renews and issues, including getting competitive bids and overseeing annual open enrollment
· Serves as the key contact for property, liability, auto, and workers compensation insurance.
· Processes any workers compensation claims
· Processes new insurance and insurance changes for employees
· Oversees organization’s retirement plan, life insurance plan and the AD&D plan including implementation, employee education, set up and processing
· Meets with vendors for new products or price quotes in regard to Human Resources and other applicable Business needs.
· Keeps documentation of pastoral credentialing, licensing, and ordination, including annual forms, set up, and IRS guidance.
· Scans and files important contracts and Human Resources documents.
· Works cohesively with the Director of HR and Messenger International’s legal counsel with various projects, policies, and procedures
· Maintains staff records on various platforms, including our PEO system
· Assists with the cleanup projects that will need to occur as a result of the HR audit conducted by our HR consultant and innovates ways to achieve new levels of excellence in the HR function
· Other duties, as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
· At least one year of human resource management experience preferred, 1-3 years of experience in an administrative capacity is required
· Experience in a non-profit/ministry organization preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and the Team
· Has some knowledge of or the desire to learn employment-related laws and regulations, as well as laws related to ministry organizations and employees
· Proficiency or the ability to quickly learn a PEO/HR systems platform
· Skilled at researching HR standards and how they can be applied to our ministry
· Receives HR certification from our HR consulting company within 6 months of hire
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Signed acknowledgement of Messenger’s “Statement of Faith” and “Staff Covenant/Lifestyle Agreement” forms.
· Signed acknowledgement to policies and procedures as stated in our employee handbook.
· Has the ability to function independently. Possess the ability to speak. Has the physical ability to be able to lift up to 25 pounds (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
Colorado Springs area
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
This is an experienced admin position with a salary range of $45,000 to $55,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
· Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Employee Assistance Program
· Messenger will pay for renewal of certifications and required continued education