Job Title: Assistant Warehouse Operator
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by ensuring that resources are timely and efficiently distributed to better serve our ministry partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to our Warehouse Manager
· Pack resources for shipment according to Warehouse Manager specifications
· Ensure that all incoming and outgoing packages agree to necessary documentation and specifications
· Examine all shipments for accuracy and fully document and follow up with any discrepancies
· Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
· Operate a forklift and lift heavy boxes
· Keep the warehouse organized
· Other tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· High school diploma preferred
· Forklift certification is required (if none, must acquire within 90 days of hire)
· Able to balance team success and individual responsibilities
· Exhibits objectiveness and welcomes feedback
· Looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Demonstrates dependability and can follow manager instructions and directions with a humble spirit
· Strives to increase productivity by completing tasks efficiently
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
o Must be able to lift and move up to 70 pounds without assistance
o Must be able to reach and remove heavy items without assistance
o Must be able to operate heavy machinery with minimal accommodation
Colorado Springs area
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay when applicable.
Entry level position with an hourly range of $15-$20 depending on candidate qualifications.
· Health & Dental insurance
· Paid time off
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance