Church and Individual Partner Relationship Manager
Description: To develop and retain church and individual partner relationships by connecting people with the mission and vision of Messenger International through relationship-based practice, positioning resources, providing excellent customer service, and donor development.
- Convey Messenger International’s heart and vision to individual and church partners
- Strategically create opportunities to build relationships with churches, small groups, and individual partners to drive giving opportunities to support the mission of global discipleship at Messenger International
- Helping to develop and create content to support the ongoing church, small group, and individual partnership relationships
- Strategically build engagement strategy to retain and develop donors
- Support partnership focused events
- Answer inbound calls and minister to partners
- Place daily outbound calls to partners and churches as thank you and prayer follow up.
- Manage book of partner relationships to drive giving opportunities.
- Manage the data entry and processing of all pledges, gifts, and contributions.
- Develop, research, and build fundraising initiatives to raise support for Messenger International’s mission.
- Provide support for special campaigns and projects.
- Share outreach, projects, blogs, and other stories with partners when applicable to relationship.
- Oversee partner projects/content and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in preparing acknowledgment letters. Ensure the timely mailing of appropriate acknowledgments and tax reporting information.
- Oversee and coordinate projects including but not limited to: partner emails, partner cards, EOY letters, Giving Statement, Christmas, Messenger Cup, etc.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising or similar field.
- Ability to manage campaigns/projects; ability to work from spreadsheets and to manage deliverables and timelines (Proficiency in Excel, Word, Dropbox)
- Good customer service and communication skills; ability to interact with donors, Board members, volunteers, and other constituents in-person, by phone and in writing
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be results-oriented, creative, energetic, and possess a strong phone presence
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Agile, able to change workflow on the fly and adapt to customer needs and business changes on a day-by-day basis
- Experience using a CRM system such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce to manage relationships and development
- Experience with outbound phone relationship/donor development.
- Telemarketing, tele-sales, or other relationship development/sales experience
- Knowledge of church staff roles and dynamics
- Familiar with the Christian market
- Experience selling to, or working with, a Christian demographic
- Experience with Salesforce