Job Title: Assistant Event Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Events
· Part-time position with potential for full time based on experience
· Occasional overtime hours needed during busy season and as work demands. Primarily in the weeks leading up to, and the week of major events, more full time hours are required.
· Convey Messenger International’s heart and vision to partners and potential partners through Messenger Cup Golf & Alpine Experience.
· Required to live in Colorado Springs or the surrounding area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Support director of events with pre-event operational planning, staff management, and clerical support.
· Assists during events in problem resolution and answers questions; refers to appropriate department when unable to respond.
· Coordinates activities of assigned areas with activities of other staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate procedures and specifications.
· Coordinate set-up and clean-up of events.
· Attends events to assist with the facilitation of operations and responds to emergencies, problems, etc.
· Perform research activities to gauge what’s needed to set up an event
· Provide director of events with quotes for needed items
· Calculate costs incurred on setting up an event and provide director of events with a quote for approval
· Liaise and negotiate with vendors and suppliers to ensure optimal pricing for their services
· Monitor event activities before, during and after events
· Secure materials at the end of each event
· Take inventory of materials and supplies and ensure that materials that need to be returned to vendors are done so in a timely manner
· Secure in-kind donations
· Ordering of needed items for events
· Keep storage room and storage unit organized
· Set-up Christmas décor in the office
· Assist with Christmas gifts project
· Other tasks as assigned
Competency & Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies and meet the established requirements.
· Extremely organized and detail oriented. Able to handle multiple sets of details at once with accuracy and clarity. Have an advanced knowledge of process and systems.
· Interpersonal expertise and experience. A background in customer service or support, and event correspondence. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
· Computer Skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced level knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database software and Contact Management systems.
· Team player- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
· Problem solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Planning/Time Management - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; meets deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Some event experience preferred, but not required