Oversees the finance department’s daily operations, working closely with a small team to handle multiple functions including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, preparing budgets, and audit prep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliation
- Participate in regular audits and payroll
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with the company’s targets
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or at least 5 years of experience in a broad bookkeeping role
- At least 2 years experience working in an accounting role
- Experience with GL Closing process and annual audits.
- Not for Profit Accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Quickbooks experience preferred, but not required