· Convey Messenger International’s heart and vision to partners and potential partners
· Minister to and pray with partners on a regular basis
· Develop content for field updates and projects
· Share outreach, projects, blogs, and other stories with partners
· Assist with event planning
· Develop fundraising initiatives to raise support for Messenger International’s mission to teach, reach, and rescue
· Explore innovative giving methods and opportunities to increase donations
· Facilitate partner projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
· Greet/host visitors and guests of the ministry for Gathering or ministry events
· Project planning including but not limited to: partner emails, partner cards, CD mailers, EOY letters, New Name Program, Giving Statement, Christmas, Messenger Cup, etc.
· Filter through incoming field updates
· Develop content ideas and direction for partner emails, cards, blogs, etc.
· Participate in regular creative brainstorming sessions with department
· Answer inbound calls and minister to partners as necessary
· Place daily outbound calls to partners as thank you and prayer follow up
· Ensure partner receipts, thank you letters, notes, and birthday cards are sent in a timely manner
· Sort and read incoming correspondence (mail and email) and gather information to reply accordingly, and/or route correspondence to the correct department for reply
· Cultivate relationships with and mentor department interns
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.