Sycamore Tree Capital Partners, L.P. is a value-oriented, active asset manager focused primarily on alternative credit, including bank loans, high yield credit, structured products, stressed, distressed, and special situations investing. The firm is committed to building and maintaining a strong culture that embodies the following key principles: client-focus, excellence, integrity, humility, trust, and teamwork.
Sycamore is seeking a credit research intern to join the firm’s investment team for the summer of 2023 with the option of potentially transitioning into a part-time role during the school year (part-time hours to be determined, but the general expectation would be 10-20 hours per week). The position will be responsible for supporting portfolio managers and the credit research team in the evaluation of potential investments and the monitoring of existing portfolio positions and funds. This opportunity will provide exposure to the firm’s businesses while helping develop important analytical and investment skills that will differentiate candidates in the beginnings of a career in finance. The position is located at our company headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
- Assist the credit research team and portfolio managers in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Work alongside credit analysts to support due diligence on the firm’s investment ideas, including fundamental credit analysis (creation of tear sheets, models, comps, etc.) and ongoing position monitoring
- Conduct industry research, including benchmarking and valuation analyses
- Assist portfolio management with fund-level analysis and other requests
- Support ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Communicate extensively with the credit research team and portfolio management
- Rising senior in the Class of 2024 with a strong academic track record and pursuing an undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting from a highly ranked school
- Demonstrated interest working in investment management (prior experience with investment analysis, especially credit analysis, is a significant plus)
- Solid PC and MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical and financial acumen, work ethic, attention to detail, and desire for accuracy
- Intellectually curious with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and add value beyond designated role/responsibilities
- Progress towards (or desired pursuit of) CFA designation
Compensation & Benefits:
Sycamore Tree is an independent, entrepreneurial, diverse company and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information and/or to apply for this opportunity, please go to https://app.trinethire.com/companies/31494-sycamore-tree-capital-partners/jobs.