Our firm is a value-oriented, active, durable alpha asset manager, focused primarily on alternative credit, including bank loans, high yield credit, structured products, stressed, distressed and special situations investing. The firm is committed to building and maintaining a strong culture that embodies the following key principles: client-first, excellence, integrity, humility, trust and alignment.
The firm is seeking an experienced credit research analyst to join the firm’s credit team. The position will be responsible for conducting credit diligence and making investment recommendations across the capital structure: senior secured loans, stressed/distressed, CLOs and high yield bonds. This position is in Dallas, Texas.
- Conduct due diligence on the firm’s investment ideas, including fundamental credit analysis and ongoing position monitoring
- Support the credit research team on all elements of investment research, including tear sheets, models, comps, etc.
- Perform benchmarking analysis, valuation analysis and industry research
- Communicate extensively with other investment professionals, the credit investment committee and portfolio management
- Interact with investment bank brokers/bankers/analysts and industry experts
- An undergraduate degree from a highly ranked school, with a strong academic track record and foundational skill set in accounting coursework
- 3-5 years post-undergrad experience at a commercial bank, investment bank (banking or research) and/or buy-side credit manager
- Prior credit analysis experience is a plus
- Solid modeling skills, strong analytical and financial acumen
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment and add value beyond designated role/responsibilities
- Desire to live and work in Dallas
Compensation & Benefits
Our firm offers a competitive base salary plus a discretionary bonus based on defined performance metrics – encouraging alignment with the firm’s clients/investors. We also provide a strong employee benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.