Grayshift is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Grayshift solutions are purpose-built to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative GrayKey technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, GrayKey is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At Grayshift, we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of a startup. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a Grayshifter, you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!
Grayshift is seeking an experienced customer-centric Senior Technical Support Engineer to help our customers when using our products. This is a fully remote role, so experience working with a dispersed team is a must. Your mission will be to act as the escalation point to our front-line support engineers. These will be customer issues submitted via support-site tickets, emails, live chats, and phone calls. Additionally, you will help to document feature requests and potential product gaps, as well as effectively communicate with product management to improve customer experiences.
This position will support West coast hours with a remote friendly work environment.
· Solve and manage escalated customer issues
· Provide team mentoring and leadership
· Research and solve complex issues
· Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other internal groups
· Communicate with the Development and Engineering teams on potential defects
· Work closely with Customer Success team to meet SLA and customer requirements
· Acquire both broad and in-depth product knowledge
· Create and improve documentation to train support engineers to resolve support cases
Skills & Requirements
· 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role
· 5+ years of technical experience leveraging software logs and product telemetry to troubleshoot issues
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
· Technical Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations
· In-depth knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues to resolution
· Strong communications skills – excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
· Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager
· Experience with network troubleshooting and awareness of common network issues
· Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact
· Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem
· Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed
· Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to drive discussions remotely
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Demonstrate coaching skills
· Should have passion for technology and customer support
· Ability to quickly grasp and thrive supporting new cutting-edge (niche) technology
· Mobile or computer forensics experience
· Working knowledge of embedded/micro systems
· Working with Law Enforcement and/or Government customers
· Experience with Gitlab and Zendesk (or similar ticketing and tracking system)
· Working experience with Kibana and KQL
· Bachelor’s degree
Compensation and Perks
· Compensation includes base salary and bonus;
· Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training allocation and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and paid mobile and internet;
· Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, and 12 paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be ground for revoking an offer of employment.