Hardware Design and Firmware Engineer
is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Our solutions are purpose-build to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At , we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of a startup. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a , you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!
Our headquarters is based in Atlanta with a remote-friendly work environment.
We are looking for an analytical Hardware Design and Firmware Engineer to join our team responsible for the full product lifecycle from conception to production of a one-of-a-kind digital forensic product. The successful candidate will thrive making meaningful contributions and elegant solutions, self-motivated, and manage milestones independently in a fast-paced environment. If you have a passion for security, want to build a robust product, and make an impact on a growing company, then you’ll enjoy your career at !
- Investigate, analyze, and make recommendations to management regarding future product generations, technology improvements, and modifications
- Collaborate with a team including a Hardware Designer and Firmware Engineer
- Discipline with Version Control
- Schematic Capture experience (preferably using Altium)
- Highly proficient with complex mixed-signal (digital/analog) PCB Layout, and well-versed in PCB best practices for design accuracy and signal integrity
- Proficient in troubleshooting, including debugging and board bring-up using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters
- History of designing for, and compliance testing for many designs – FCC, CE required
- Experience with FPGA development – Verilog, IP, testbenches, timing constraints
- Experience implementing FPGA interfaces – high speed data, microcontrollers
- Experience leading small team or supervising a subcontractor
Nice to have:
- Experience with Altium
- Experience with Xilinx
- Experience interfacing microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Experience writing USB device firmware a plus
- Understands Real Time Operating System concepts, and knows how to use them
- Experience developing bare metal code on embedded targets
- Security and/or Forensic background
- Security and/or Forensic background
Compensation and Perks
- Compensation includes base salary and bonus
- Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training allocation and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and paid mobile and internet
- Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, and 12 paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.