Senior Linux Platform Developer
Grayshift is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Our solutions are purpose-build to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative GrayKey technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, GrayKey is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At Grayshift, we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of a startup. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a Grayshifter, you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!
Our headquarters is based in Atlanta with a remote friendly work environment.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the platform team, you will be a part of the driving force that provides the base Linux OS platform and services for Grayshift's flagship product. You will help shape how the platform and other engineering teams grow and scale up to a more robust and efficient build and delivery cycle through use of CI/CD. You will be a part of the team that drives best practices with Python and influence the direction of Python development and deployment throughout Grayshift engineering. Most importantly you will be a part of the team that lays the foundation for a product that literally saves lives.
· Analyze requirements, break down tasks and estimate effort
· Design robust, performant and secure solutions
· Develop efficient, modular and maintainable software solutions
· Participate in code reviews
· Troubleshoot, debug and fix software defects
· Take initiative, build strong teams and communicate effectively
· Guide best practices for building, delivering and maintaining multiple source code projects.
· 7+ years of experience on Linux systems development
· 5+ years of experience with Python
· Expert level experience in Python, Python debugging, profiling, etc.
· Strong understanding of Python internals, libraries (Flask, Django, etc.)
· Proficiency in Linux shell scripting (create, debug, maintain, etc.)
· Proficiency using git/github/gitlab
· Proficiency with Linux systemd and bootloader
· Proficiency in creating Debian Linux packages
· Proficiency maintaining, patching and building the Linux kernel
· Proficiency with cryptography concepts and programming
· Proficiency with computer networking protocols and programming
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
Desired Extra Skills:
· Proficiency with C/C++
· Experience in Python 2 → Python 3 migrations
· Experience with Docker containers
· Experience with virtual images (Virtual Box, KVM, QEMU, etc.)
· Low-level experience developing endpoint protection products
· Forensic background
Compensation and Perks
· Compensation includes base salary and bonus;
· Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training allocation and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and paid mobile and internet;
· Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, and 12 paid holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.