Grayshift is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Grayshift solutions are purpose-built to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative GrayKey technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, GrayKey is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At Grayshift, we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of a startup. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a Grayshifter, you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!
Our headquarters is based in Atlanta with a remote friendly work environment.
Grayshift is seeking an experienced, customer-centric Technical Support Engineer to help our customers when using our products. In this role, your mission will be resolving customer issues identified by help-desk tickets, emails, live chats, and phone calls which include international customers as well as US. Additionally, you will help to document feature requests and potential product gaps, as well as collaborate with product management for better customer experiences. The Technical Support Engineer’s job also includes documenting troubleshooting techniques, building knowledge base articles, and helping the sales team execute successful subscription renewals all while working from home.
• Intake, troubleshoot, research, and solve customer product issues ensuring customer success;
• Leverage software logs and product telemetry to troubleshoot complex issues;
• Provide outstanding written and verbal step-by-step solutions for customers via live chat, email, and phone;
• Learn and master a cutting-edge technology that is constantly being updated;
• Document and escalate issues that require engineering support;
• Navigate in a dynamic environment with new issues and be comfortable with ambiguity;
• Collaborate with pre-sales in order to have a seamless bridge between sales and post-sales activities;
• Document solution steps for knowledge base;
• Be the primary customer advocate within the company and manage challenges between the company and customer;
• Accurately represent customer-based feature requests to the product team and renewal objections to the sales and CSM teams;
• Identify and advocate for customer training requirements;
• Build lasting customer relationships for the team;
• Core support hours are 8am-5pm Eastern Time with possible early or late shifts for coverage.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in an external customer-facing technical support role with a ticketing environment;
• Exceptional people skills and enjoy working one-on-one with customers helping them succeed with products;
• In-depth knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues to resolution;
• Experience using log analysis and logging software to identify issues;
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, providing step-by-step technical help, both verbal and written;
• Proactively seek out new technology and love learning new products and tech skills;
• Affinity for mobile devices and have the literacy to talk to the product capabilities, iOS and Android OS experience is even better;
• Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work remotely;
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are constantly problem-solving;
• Experience working with Law Enforcement and/or Government customers is nice have.
Compensation and Perks
• Compensation includes base salary;
• Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training allocation and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and paid mobile and internet;
• Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, and 12 paid holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.