SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Administrative Assistant provides support to NatureServe staff in documenting and processing agreements and payments with NatureServe partner organizations. A primary focus is working with Biodiversity Licensed Data Program Manager and Operations staff to develop a centralized system for tracking and processing NatureServe partner organization agreements, invoices, credits, and payments. In addition, this position provides general administrative support as needed including contact database maintenance, file management, meeting and event support, and data entry.
We prioritize work-life balance and support a flexible schedule. This is a part-time position, working 30 hours per week. This role includes an excellent benefits package. The ability to work 70% of this time within standard business hours – Monday-Thursday, 9 AM – 5 PM EST and Friday 9 AM- NOON EST – is preferred. Location for this role is Arlington, VA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage process for creating and processing agreements, corresponding with NatureServe partner organizations, developing and managing a system for tracking status of these agreements.
- Collaborate with NatureServe staff to gather input on payments/credits owed to and from NatureServe partner organizations and track status of credits and payments associated with these agreements.
- Assist with file management and directory updates.
- Provide meeting and event support to include scheduling meetings, preparing materials, and taking minutes.
- Collect checks that arrive in the Arlington office via mail once a week and serve as a backup for general Arlington Office mail collection.
- Work with staff to collect and compile necessary information to complete monthly corporate card reconciliation spreadsheet for Accounting Department.
- Other duties as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- One to two years corporate office related experience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, takes initiative, and completes tasks independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and be a team player.
Familiarity with and commitment to NatureServe’s focus on biodiversity conservation.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of the time.
- Requires frequent communication, verbal and written.
- Ability to hear well and speak clearly to engage effectively with NatureServe network members and remote staff.
- Ability to lift and carry office supply deliveries, audio/visual equipment, conference and meeting materials up to 25 lbs.
- Requires ability to visually or otherwise identify, observe or assess.
For nearly 50 years, NatureServe has been the authoritative source for biodiversity data throughout the Western Hemisphere. With an international network of nearly 100 natural heritage programs across North America, NatureServe is the leading source of information on rare and endangered species and threatened ecosystems. To protect threatened biodiversity, NatureServe works with over 1,000 conservation scientists to collect, aggregate, and standardize biodiversity information, providing comprehensive data to the public for strategic conservation efforts.
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401K savings and retirement plan with matching contributions
- Health and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Annual and sick leave
- Life insurance
- Telework/Flex work
NATURESERVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
An equal opportunity, reasonable accommodations employer, NatureServe complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you need accommodation in the employment process or this document in an alternative format, please contact our office at 703-908-1840 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We stand in support of equality for and advancement of all people based on their qualifications and actions alone without regard to color, gender, age, religion, national origin, or disability.