For nearly 50 years, NatureServe has been the authoritative source for biodiversity data throughout the Western Hemisphere. With an international network of nearly 100 natural heritage programs across the United States, Canada, and Latin America, NatureServe is the leading source of information on rare and endangered species and threatened ecosystems. To protect threatened biodiversity, NatureServe works with over 1,000 conservation scientists to collect, aggregate, and standardize biodiversity statistics, providing comprehensive data to the public for strategic conservation efforts. NatureServe and its network programs develop and manage the most comprehensive data for over 100,000 species and ecosystems, answering fundamental questions about what exists, where it is found, and how it is doing.
NatureServe offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401K savings and retirement plan with matching contributions
- Health and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Annual and sick leave
- Life insurance
- Telework/Flex work
NatureServe is seeking to hire a project manager to plan and manage a variety of projects ranging from the delivery of customized software applications to the design and delivery of a spatial biodiversity information system for a government client. Candidates with limited professional project management experience who can demonstrate their ability to learn quickly are preferred.
The project manager plans and coordinates activities of various projects to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The project manager also contributes to the development of project proposals or project scoping to define project scope, objectives, schedule, and budget. Duties also include establishing work plans and multi-disciplinary staffing requirements for each phase of project as needed, and assignment of project personnel and any third-party consulting support.
- Develop comprehensive project plans shared with clients as well as other staff members to identify project team and client responsibilities and to help guide and track progress.
- Meet with clients regularly to review deliverables and clarify requirements.
- Closely monitor and track progress and manage any necessary changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs throughout project life.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party services to ensure resource availability and proper allocation for successful project execution.
- Work closely with project team to create and maintain project documentation.
- Report and escalate critical issues to management as needed.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the development of project proposals by contributing to the definition of project scope, objectives, schedule, and budget.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
The essential job functions listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive and may be subject to change at any time.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background in conservation biology, ecology, or natural resources management
- Proficiency with issue tracking software, e.g. JIRA and helpdesk ticketing systems, e.g. FreshDesk
- Project Management Professional certification
- Proposal and grant writing experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to conform to standard office hours
- Typing and repetitive motions associated with computer keyboarding responsibilities
- Ability to travel occasionally